August Pick 3 Pinterest Party Linky


It's time for another Pick 3 Pinterest Party Linky with Inspired Owl's Corner!  Since it's full-swing back-to-school mode for many of us, we're posting pins for our classrooms this month.  Check mine out below. 

I just had a great conversation the other day with my friend Davita about the difference between a topic and a theme.  I wanted to make sure I was doing my students justice on this standard when I explained it to them.  (Academic language is SO important for our ELs.)  Then I ran across this anchor chart pin.  It's simple and to the point, but I really like the second half about how the authors suggest theme.  It gives students something more tangible in the story that they can grab and identify the evidence to support their claims.  I can definitely see myself using these ideas this year.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/257197828696702057/
Click on the photo above to pin on your own boards!
Back-to-school means going shopping for new clothes.  (That was SO much more fun when I was skinner...I mean healthier...but I digress...LOL!)   So, in the spirit of back-to-school shopping, I found this hilarious sweatshirt.  Um, can I get this in pink? 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/257197828696702049/
Click on the photo above to pin on your own boards!
One of the goals I'm concentrating on right now is strengthening my walk with God...specifically through more Bible reading time each day.  And I want my first topic of study to be on what God tells me in His Word about prayer.  My students are so important to me, and I truly believe that prayer can change things.  That's why I want to make praying for my students a regular practice.  When I saw this pin, I loved all the scripture references and the specific character traits for which to pray

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/257197828696702046/
Click on the photo above to pin on your own boards!

Don't forget to check out some of the other bloggers' awesome pins.  What did we ever do for back-to-school before we had Pinterest?




Comments

  1. There are days that I could use the wait until you are quiet sweatshirt. Problem is, in kindergarten, they can't read!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plan with Me Sundays: Vegas Edition

TpT Seller Challenge: Week 1: Makeover Madness

Monday Made It: My Diploma Frame & Focal Point