Sunday, January 24, 2016

One Little Word 2016


Admittedly I struggled with my "one little word" for this year.  I'm at a really pivotal point in a great deal of things going on in my life right now but I wanted it to be a word of true meaning and significance for me...a word that represents the excitement, fear, elation, frustration, and confidence that this year is for me.

At first I thought ringmaster seemed like a good enough word.  I was certainly juggling the many responsibilities I have while learning to find the most important balance...a balance to take care of myself.  I was becoming a ringmaster of my own life again.  (And I don't mean that in a spiritual sense because God guides my daily path.  I just mean that I was taking control back of the things that have spiraled beyond my control...mostly because of my desire to make others around me happy and to be a person who can't say "no.")  But I digress...

That still just didn't have the right nuance to it.  This year is about more than that for me.  In just under three months I turn 30!  I'm losing weight and becoming a new woman.  I'm re-prioritizing my own value in my life because I know my worth in God.  I am doing things for myself that I've put off for too long...exercise, National Boards, sleep, time with friends, maybe even dating again should the right guy present himself in my life.

I went to an awesome conference yesterday, and that's when it really solidified for me.  I had read this somewhere earlier in the week, and I wish I could give the proper person, article, site credit, but I truly cannot remember where I first encountered the concept behind this one little word.  But it's simultaneously about success and failure...it encompasses this dichotomy of emotions I'm feeling and, perhaps most importantly, the attitude that I want to pass on to my students as well.

YET.  


A small word.

A function word.

It delivers no content.  No significant meaning, yet it changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

And that's my word.


You see, I have so many things that I want to do and am doing and will do that I'm not quite where I want to be...YET.  And that's okay.   I'm a thousand percent okay with that because I'm excited about this journey.

I'm not faithful, fervent, and consistent in my daily prayer and Bible study...YET.
I'm not married to a godly man who loves me the way Christ loves the church...YET.
I'm not a mother of beautiful adopted children who I have already given my heart to...YET.
I am not strong in my arms, abs, or back...YET.  
I haven't achieved my goal weight or dress size...YET.
I'm not an accomplished teacher...YET.
I'm not debt-free...YET.
I'm not the woman, the beast, the boss that I want and was born to be...YET.

But I'm getting there.   Day by day.  Step by step.  Poco a poco.  But it's getting closer.   I'm just not there...YET.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this article because it is not including worthless information .The author clearly describes the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is so good , the view is wright and important in our life,I think the knowledge is creative.

    escape games
    new escape games
    Point and click games
    free online escape games
    online escape games

    ReplyDelete