Currently July 2015

I'm so proud of myself!  I'm starting July with a BANG!  I'm posting for the July Currently linky and it's technically still June for another hour!  I'm so proud!  :)   So here goes...


Listening...Apparently I've never seen Terminator 2 before or I've never really paid attention to it, but my mom turned the channel to that movie, and woah, boy!  It's a trip!  It actually kind of gives me the creeps a little bit.

Loving...Every Tuesday night when I come home from book club, I'm so exhausted and yet rejuvenated at the same time.  I posted this weekend about our adventures in my #FamiliesRead post, but I continue to be astounded at this opportunity I have with my students and their families.   They are doing such a good job with their English, and I really think they are enjoying class.  I have so much fun teaching them, and I'm really excited to see their homework for this coming week.  (Since we aren't meeting next week and we are practicing the future tense, I told them to post their answers to the question, "What will Ms. Bell do on her vacation?" on our Facebook page.  But I didn't tell them where I'm going.  I can't wait to see their answers!)

Thinking...This summer has FLOWN BY!  I can't believe Vegas is just a week away!  I'm so excited/nervous.

Wanting...I'm seriously wanting a trip to Maurice's this weekend to perhaps pick out a new blouse or two before my vacay.  I feel like I'm working the same looks again and again, and I sure would like something fresh for Vegas!

Needing...I worked my booty off this June.  And it's been fun!  There have been field trips and tutoring and parent class and VBS, but this month I really NEED to put myself first.  I have such a hard time telling people "no" because I don't want to let them down.  I tend to be an overcommitter because I truly want to help others, but then I can't help anyone when I wear myself so thin.  I've got to be strong this month and say "no" when I need to rest.  Maybe I'll salvage a wee bit of "me time" before school starts back.

All-Star...I admittedly struggled with this.  I don't like to brag, so I didn't want to come off like that.  But the first thing that came to mind was that I make pretty awesome cheesecakes.  Someone once told me that she thought mine were better than The Cheesecake Factory's.  Personally, I don't think so...I'll take any flavor from there over mine any day.  But mine are delicious...they're just so expensive and time consuming that I don't usually make them...but all this cheesecake talk is making me hungry, so I'd best shut up for now!  :)

Thanks to Farley for letting me link up!  What is everyone else up to?

Comments

  1. I agree with you about needing to rest because I really need it. I also adored Terminator 2 as well because it is hard to take your eyes off.
    Jasmine
    The Social Media Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for Vegas!!! I'm also nervous too because there will be sooooo many people! It sounds like it's going to be so much fun though!! I put that I was an "All Star" at baking on my post, but I've never actually made a cheesecake!! Sounds like I need your recipe!! Yum!! Enjoy the rest of your week!
    ~Heather :)
    Recipe for Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must think alike! I went to Maurice's tonight and picked up a few tops for Vegas. I know it's going to be a blast, but I'm nervous...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if you figure out how to make that "me time!" I need some tips!

    Jessica
    Notes From the Portable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plan with Me Sundays: Vegas Edition

TpT Seller Challenge: Week 1: Makeover Madness

Monday Made It: My Diploma Frame & Focal Point